Seabourn Conversations on Seabourn Ovation
When our newest ship, Seabourn Ovation, joins the fleet this May, guests will enjoy not only a spectacular new ship but also an incredible line-up of Seabourn Conversations speakers who will be joining us during her maiden season.
We have always viewed enrichment as an essential part of the travel experience for our guests, bringing the most engaging personalities on board to enlighten. The tradition continues on Seabourn Ovation.
Highlights of select speakers bringing fascinating insights, expert opinions and delightfully entertaining diversions to the conversation during Seabourn Ovation's maiden 2018 season include:
- Sir Tim Rice (May 5-16) - English author and lyricist, Sir Rice's remarkable talents have earned him three Oscars, three Golden Globes, three Tonys and several Grammys. Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1994, he is most renowned for his collaborations with Andrew Lloyd Webber on Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and more. His exclusive concert-style production show, An Evening with Tim Rice, produced by Belinda King Creative Productions and narrated by Rice via video, is now on all our ships.
- Dr. Andrew Weil (May 5-16) - A world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, Dr. Weil is Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and author of 15 books. In conjunction with The Onboard Spa by Steiner, he co-created our new "Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil" program. The first of its kind available at sea, our mindful living program offers you a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being.
- Michael Teitelbaum (May 26 - June 9; November 14 - December 4) - A demographer and historian at Harvard Law School, he is the author of more than 10 books and numerous articles for publications such as Foreign Affairs, Science, The New York Times and The Atlantic. His work focuses on many regions including Europe, East and South Asia, and the Americas.
- Armando Manni (August 4 - 18)- Armando Manni is the "M" in K+M Extra Virgin Chocolate, together with world-renowned American chef and Seabourn partner Thomas Keller. A passionate gourmet and entrepreneur, he was the film director in Elvjs & Merilijn, which won the Golden Globe in 1998, awarded by the Foreign Press in Italy. Since 2001 he is well-known in the culinary scene for MANNI Oil, considered some of the finest extra virgin olive oil on the market. He also owns Casa MANNI Roma, a one couple only luxury accommodation designed by world-renowned hospitality designer Adam D. Tihany, who fashioned the interiors of Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Encore.
- Warren Fahey (November 14 – December 4) - An internationally recognized cultural historian, prolific author, broadcaster and performer, he specializes in the "curious" side of history and folklore. Australian-born and -bred, he has been awarded the Order of Australia, the Prime Minister's Centennial Medal, and the Australian government's highest prize for music, The Don Banks Music Award, for his lifetime contribution to the arts.
- Dean McFlicker (December 4 - 22) - An award-winning producer and director of countless productions for NBC Entertainment and others, he will share his experiences creating campaigns for some of the most successful shows on television, including The Voice, This Is Us, Law and Order, America's Got Talent and more. On Broadway, he has been a choreographer for productions such as Sha*Bang (Lincoln Center) and Gypsy of the Year (Virginia Theater).
- Grant Harrold (October 1-13) - "The Royal Butler" draws on decades of passion for good manners, including time in Royal Households and leading his own Royal School of Etiquette and Butlers, to be Britain's Official Etiquette Expert. A broadcaster, commentator, public speaker, and butler trainer for principals and their staff around the world, he also consults with top hotels, and is called upon as an advisor to Royals and celebrities.
View the full schedule of speakers joining participating in Seabourn Conversations.
To stay up-to-date with news, imagery and details of the ship's continuing progress, be sure to visit Seabourn Ovation's dedicated microsite often. The microsite offers you an inside look at the next addition to Seabourn – the newest fleet in the ultra-luxury category.
For more information about Seabourn Ovation, please contact a travel professional, call Seabourn