New Luminaries for Seabourn Conversations Announced
We are pleased to continue our mission to inspire and inform guests with a new line-up of remarkable speakers for our Seabourn Conversations program for the remainder of 2018 and during the 2019 cruise season. The popular onboard enrichment program will host distinguished speakers with fascinating stories to share and expertise to enlighten across a wide array of disciplines including space exploration, mountaineering, television production, culinary, history, politics, and the arts.
Upcoming select speakers of the 2018-2019 Seabourn Conversations program include:
- Captain Scott Kelly (Seabourn Encore, December 3, 2018 voyage) – One of a select group of Americans who have traveled into space, Kelly previously held the record for total days in space by an American astronaut: 520. Like his best-selling memoir, Endurance: My Year in Space and Our Journey to Mars, he has many awe-inspiring stories from space and reflections on leadership, teamwork and testing limits to share.
- Dean McFlicker (Seabourn Ovation, December 4, 2018 voyage) – An award-winning producer and director for NBC Entertainment and others, McFlicker will share his experiences creating campaigns for some of the most successful shows on television, including The Voice, This Is Us, Law and Order, America's Got Talent and more. He has also been a choreographer on Broadway and has worked on countless music videos and international concerts in Hollywood.
- Jamie Metzl (Seabourn Ovation, December 22, 2018 voyage) – A Senior Fellow of the Atlantic Council, as well as a novelist, blogger and syndicated columnist, Metzl is an expert in Asian affairs and biotechnology policy. Among wide-ranging endeavors, he has served as an election monitor in Afghanistan and the Philippines. His works of fiction include the historical novel, The Depths of the Sea, and the genetics thrillers Genesis Code and Eternal Sonata.
- Tim & Nina Zagat (Seabourn Ovation, January 19, 2019 voyage) – The Co-Founders of the Zagat Survey, renowned for collecting and correlating the ratings of restaurants by diners, Tim and Nina are also award-winning entrepreneurs and prominent players on civic, cultural and charitable scenes.
- Pamela Chen (Seabourn Ovation, January 19, 2019 voyage) – With her Taiwanese roots and love of Asian cooking, Chen takes guests on an inspiring and flavorsome journey into Asian cuisine and culture. She combines her love of cooking, design background and cultural heritage to present a unique, authentic experience and fascinating insights that demystify the delights of Asian cuisine and eastern culture. Through her talks and demonstrations, she shares fascinating – and often funny – stories from a lifestyle that blends eastern and western culture.
- Armando Manni (Seabourn Ovation, February 16, 2019 voyage) – The "M" in K+M Extravirgin Chocolate founded with renowned chef and Seabourn partner Thomas Keller, Manni is a film director, gourmet and entrepreneur with a Golden Globe-winning film among his work. In 2001, he founded MANNI Oil, a global brand now synonymous with quality, luxury and taste. He also owns Casa MANNI Roma, designed by Adam D. Tihany, who fashioned the interiors of Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Encore.
- Ben Taggie (Seabourn Ovation, March 2, 2019 voyage) – A Professor of History Emeritus at the University of Massachusetts, Taggie's specialties are Asian, medieval and classical history. Together with his wife Louise, he is founder of MSA Cultural Tours, which conducts educational tours to venues such as Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal. He is also President of the Mediterranean Studies Association devoted to international education and research.
- Paul Deegan (Seabourn Sojourn, March 5, 2019 voyage) – Award-winning author and seasoned climber of mountainous regions on five continents, Deegan was co-leader of the first environmental expedition to Mount Everest at age 18. He returned twice: once to be embroiled in the greatest tragedy in the mountain's history, and once finishing on top.
- Alison Levine (Seabourn Sojourn, December 10, 2019 voyage) – An adventurer, explorer, mountaineer, "beer muse," filmmaker, storyteller and bestselling author, Levine has survived sub-zero temperatures, hurricane-force winds, sudden avalanches and a career on Wall Street, leaving her well suited to draw relevant parallels between mountaineering and business, and to converse about the same.
- Steve Wozniak (Seabourn Ovation, December 21, 2019 voyage) –Designer of the hardware, circuit board designs and operating system for the Apple I personal computer, Wozniak was awarded the National Medal of Technology by President Ronald Reagan in 1985 and the Hoover Medal in 2014. His autobiography, iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon, was a New York Times bestseller.
For the full schedule of speakers participating in Seabourn Conversations,
please contact a travel advisor, call Seabourn