Announcing Our 2021 World Cruise: Extraordinary Oceans
Seabourn has announced a remarkable opportunity for guests to experience one of the world’s great travel adventures in style. It’s the 2021 World Cruise: Extraordinary Oceans, a 140-day round-the-world voyage aboard Seabourn Sojourn, set to visit 60 ports and destinations in 32 countries on six continents with unforgettable experiences to engage and enjoy along the way.
Departing Miami on January 3, 2021, the World Cruise will sail east-to-west visiting Central America, the west coast of South America, the islands of the South Pacific, Australia, Indonesia, and Africa, before ending in Barcelona, Spain, on May 24, 2021. The World Cruise is now open for sale, and the entire itinerary is available to peruse on seabourn.com.
The new World Cruise itinerary is the work of Tim Littley, Seabourn’s senior director of itinerary planning, who designed it with “differentiation” in mind. “I wanted this World Cruise to be exploratory in nature, focused thematically on alluring destinations and experiences that are a blend of sought after favorites combined with other smaller, quaint ports that are perhaps a bit unknown to some,” Littley said.
As the name of the World Cruise implies, Seabourn Sojourn will cross two great oceans — Pacific and Indian — as well as traverse the Atlantic Ocean along the coast of Africa. The 140-day voyage will include 10 overnights and linger late into the evening in 16 ports, offering guests ample opportunities to explore these fascinating destinations in depth.
For the first time, Seabourn will offer our popular “Ventures by Seabourn” program on a World Cruise, featuring an expert expedition team leading insightful explorations in the South Pacific. Optional kayaking, Zodiac, snorkeling and trekking tours will be available in French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea and more.
In addition, there will be exclusive world cruise events planned over the course of the journey for guests on the full 140-day voyage, as well as local entertainment, regional cuisines, and palate-pleasing wines for all guests to savor as they sail around the globe.
Destination highlights on Seabourn’s 2021 World Cruise include:
- Central and South America — Seabourn Sojourn’s passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific will brim with experiences guests won’t want to miss. The ship will skim the coast of Central America before making a full transit of the 51-mile-long Panama Canal, a feat of human ingenuity that continues to impress. Optional overland tours and shore excursions in South America will include the remarkable mountaintop Inca citadel of Machu Picchu in Peru, and the paradise of the Galapagos archipelago some 850 miles off the mainland coast of Ecuador. The World Cruise will also feature Seabourn’s first-ever landing at Easter Island — aka Rapa Nui — a bucket list destination if ever there was one, with an overnight stay and two full days to explore the mysterious stone-faced moai and more in depth. “Easter Island is something that will stay with you forever,” says Littley.
- South Pacific — Seabourn Sojourn will visit Tahiti, Cook Islands, Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, and Papua New Guinea in the South Pacific. In Fiji, guests will visit Dravuni, a volcanic island less-than-1/2-mile square, with sparkling white-sand beaches and a population of fewer than 200. “It’ll be like Robinson Crusoe on Dravuni, with the beach all to us,” says Littley. The ship will also spend a day at Tavanipupu, a private island in the Solomon Islands, with spectacular snorkeling and a traditional welcome by indigenous performers, as well as three days at Papua New Guinea, home of one of the world’s oldest civilizations.
- Australia — Following the arrival at Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Seabourn Sojourn will proceed south along the coast of Australia with stops to take in the stunning harbor of Sydney, the indigenous penguin colonies of tiny Phillip Island, and an overnight stay in Melbourne. The ship will spend a long day for guests to savor the renowned culinary offerings of Adelaide; cross the Great Australian Bight; call in Albany, the last stop for Anzac forces bound for Europe during World War II; and take in Bunbury, renowned for wild bottlenose dolphins that swim along the shore of Koombana Bay, before sailing north up the western edge of the continent to Broome.
- Africa — Following seven days in Indonesia including two nights in Bali, the ship will cross the Indian Ocean en route to Africa, with two days in Seychelles leading to three days in Mombasa, Kenya. “Mombasa is our anchor highlight,” says Littley, noting onshore opportunities such as optional safari tours to potentially witness the “Big Five” in the Serengeti. The ship’s list of destinations in Africa goes on and on, including overnights in Cape Town, South Africa, and Walvis Bay, Namibia, the latter offering desert tours that stay out until late in the evening to gaze at stars in impossibly dark skies.
Finally, Seabourn Sojourn will sail up the west coast of Africa, going in-depth and visiting off-the-beaten-path yet culturally-rich destinations including Benin, Ghana, Togo, Gambia, and the capital of Senegal, Dakar, surrounded by Atlantic beaches on the coast of the Cape Verde Peninsula. The ship will then sail onto the Cape Verde and Canary Islands and spend a long day in Casablanca followed by two days at sea before disembarking in Barcelona, Spain.
Guests who book the full 140-day voyage by May 31, 2020, will receive a value-packed menu of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Round-trip Business-Class Air
- $4,000USD Shipboard Credit per suite ($2,000USD Shipboard Credit per person)
- $6,000USD Shipboard Credit per suite for Penthouse and Premium Suites ($3,000USD Shipboard Credit per person)
- Unlimited Internet Package
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet® luggage shipping service between home and ship in Miami and Barcelona
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay prior to departure in Miami
- Three exclusive World Cruise events
- Visa package (available for guests from North America and Canada)
- Special World Cruise pillow gifts
Travelers who book the full World Cruise by March 31, 2020, will receive a 50 percent reduced deposit. Guests who pay in full by May 31, 2020, will receive an additional 3 percent savings off the cruise-only fare.
For guests who cannot sail on the entire 140-day voyage, shorter segments ranging from 21 to 81 days, along with a selection of benefits and amenities, are also available.
To find out more about our 2021 World Cruise: Extraordinary Oceans, now available for booking, please contact a travel advisor, call Seabourn
Terms and Conditions
*Featured fares are per person based on double occupancy and subject to availability. Fares are in U.S. dollars and include applicable Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses (TF&PE) of $4,070.00. Promotional Full World Cruise Amenities are valid for guests who book the Full World Cruise for 140-days only. Bookings must be made prior to May 31, 2020 to be eligible for the Full World Cruise Amenities. Full World Cruise Amenities are applicable to the first and second guests in a Suite only, third and fourth guests are not eligible unless specifically indicated. Air Amenity: Complimentary roundtrip air is offered on select flights from select North American gateways. Domestic flights include first class service. International flights include business class service. Air must be booked through Seabourn’s Flight Ease Program. Air can be booked as early as 330 days from the sailing return date and must be booked no later than 30 days prior to sailing. Air seats are limited and may not be available on every flight. Once air is booked, guests are responsible for checking the airline’s website or contacting the airline directly for information regarding rules, restrictions, baggage fees and other charges. Guests are responsible for all baggage fees, including excess baggage imposed directly by the airline. Shipboard Credit Amenity: Shipboard credits are in U.S. Dollars, are non-refundable, non-transferable, have no cash value, expire at the end of the cruise, may not be used in the casino and are not combinable with other shipboard credit offers. Ocean View and Veranda Suites, categories V6 and below, will receive Shipboard Credit of $4,000USD per suite ($2,000USD per person). Penthouse and Premium Suites, categories PH, PS, OW, SS, WG & GR, will receive Shipboard Credit of $6,000USD per suite ($3,000USD per person). Unlimited Internet Package Amenity: Complimentary Unlimited Internet Package is applicable to the first and second guests only. Internet service is not guaranteed. Seabourn is not responsible if internet service is unavailable. No credit or other compensation will be provided should internet service not be available. Private Car Transfers Amenity: Guests utilizing Seabourn’s Flight Ease program will be eligible for complimentary transfers. This includes round-trip transfers between home and airport, airport and hotel, hotel and ship. Round-trip transfers between home and airport are limited to 100 miles and are valid for select North American cities/airports. Personal Valet® Luggage Amenity: Complimentary Personal Valet® door-to-door luggage service applies to guests residing in the U.S. only. Luggage is restricted to 2 bags per guest at 50lbs per bag. Certain restrictions apply. Visa Package Amenity: Complimentary Visa package applies to U.S. citizens only. Reduced Deposit Offer: 50% reduced deposit is valid for bookings made prior to March 31, 2020. Offer is applicable to all guests sharing a Suite. Pay in Full Offer: Guests who pay in full by May 31, 2020 will save an additional 3 percent from the gross cruise-only promotional fare. Offer is applicable to all guests sharing a Suite. Return World Cruise Guests Offer: Guests who have a valid booking on the Full 146-day World Cruise for 2020 will be eligible for an additional 5 percent discount from the gross cruise-only promotional fare when booking the Full 140-day World Cruise for 2021. Offer is subject to validation and may be withdrawn if the booking for the Full 146-day World Cruise for 2020 is cancelled. Offer is applicable to all guests sharing a Suite. All amenities and offers are capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Seabourn reserves the right to correct errors. Ships’ registry: Bahamas. ©2019 Seabourn.