Revised Inaugural Schedule Announced for Seabourn Venture
Seabourn Venture has a newly revised inaugural sailing date. The decision to change the schedule was necessary due to the ship’s progress affected by pandemic disruptions and related supply chain challenges over the past 18 months. The ship will now depart on her maiden voyage from Greenwich (London), England on April 10, 2022.
“We had the opportunity to visit Seabourn Venture at the T. Mariotti shipyard and were amazed at the design and beauty of the ship,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “The ship will now launch in time for the inaugural summer season in the Arctic in 2022.”
The ship will sail two new itineraries around the United Kingdom, including the inaugural voyage from Greenwich (London). The new voyages are now available for booking.
Seabourn Venture is scheduled to depart for its inaugural voyage on April 10, 2022, exploring the United Kingdom in an unprecedented way with a 12-day Wild & Ancient British Isles voyage from Greenwich (London), England, to Leith (Edinburgh). The ship will then sail on a 12-day Scottish & Norse Legends Expedition out of Leith (Edinburgh) on April 22, 2022, exploring the coastal beauty of Scotland and Norway en route to Tromsø, Norway.
From Tromsø, Seabourn Venture will embark on its previously announced deployment for its first summer season in the Arctic, starting on May 4, 2022. The ship will set sail in the Arctic, exploring many far-flung destinations in Svalbard, the North Cape and other locations in Norway, as well as Iceland, Greenland, and the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. Guests who can’t get enough of expedition cruising with Seabourn can combine the two new itineraries into a 24-day British Isles & Norse Legend Expedition voyage. For the even more adventurous, combine the two new itineraries with the following 11-day Svalbard Exploration sailing for an epic 35-day expedition voyage.
These voyages will give you a completely new perspective of beloved destinations. With a rich variety of ports, visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites, charming villages and majestic islands.
Highlights from Seabourn Venture’s inaugural voyages include:
Wild & Ancient British Isles Voyage
The 12-day inaugural voyage starts from the location that gave name to the Greenwich Meridian before setting sail to see world-renowned Tresco Island and its exceptional subtropical plant haven, Abbey Gardens. Visit Dublin, UNESCO’s City of Literature, taste whiskey from one of the famous and remote Islay distilleries, and take a Zodiac® cruise to see Staffa Island and catch a glimpse into Fingal’s Cave. Head to Iona where St. Colomba established an Abbey in the year 563, watch charismatic puffins come and go from their nests on Lunga Island, and explore remote and fascinating St. Kilda — ‘the edge of the world’ — to discover its history and stories. Round out the adventure with a visit to the ancient archaeological treasures of the UNESCO site on the Orkney Islands and a Zodiac cruise to the vast seabird colonies of Copinsay.
Scottish & Norse Legends Expedition
Set sail to Fair Isle in the North Sea where 70 inhabitants live in traditional crofts amid an island covered with sheep and birds. Visit Mousa and its Iron Age round tower, admire the UNESCO site of Bergen, and take in the beautiful art nouveau city of Ålesund. Cruise by Zodiac through the majestic Lofoten Islands and into narrow Trollfjord, discover the UNESCO site of the Vega Archipelago and the eider ducks that sustain life there, and set foot on Nordkapp, the northernmost end of Europe.
Seabourn Venture will further take advantage of Seabourn’s standing as the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage and offer UNESCO Partner Tours that visit a number of World Heritage sites around the globe. On the first two itineraries, the ship will visit many destinations that are home to UNESCO sites, including:
- Am Baile, St. Kilda, Scotland — A volcanic archipelago with a spectacular landscape including some of the highest cliffs in Europe where large seabird colonies nest. Explore the history and the remains of 2,000 years of human inhabitance in extreme conditions.
- Bergen, Norway — Visit Bryggen, the old wharf where the Hanseatic League ran its trading empire in the 14th century. Old wooden buildings with narrow alleys and small workshops and rooms make for fascinating exploration.
- Dublin, Ireland — The inspiration for renowned authors Jonathan Swift, Oscar Wilde, and Nobel Prize-winner James Joyce, with their inspirations woven into the city through named bridges, streets, and buildings.
- Flåm, Norway — Stunningly beautiful fjord landscapes with steep mountains that plunge from 1,400 meters into the pure green sea.
- Greenwich (London), England — Visit the historic town center, Royal Park, and related institutional buildings — architectural symbols of English artistic and scientific endeavors from the 17th to 19th centuries.
- Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Scotland — Home to archaeological treasures including Skara Brae, the Ring of Brodgar, the Stones of Stennes, and Maeshowe tomb.
- Leith (Edinburgh), Scotland — The old town with a medieval fortress and adjacent new town with neoclassical form has far-reaching influences on European urban planning and gives the city its unique character.
Inclusive Expedition Experiences and Equipped for Exploration
Seabourn Venture will provide a wide range of included excursions at nearly every destination it will visit. You may enjoy inclusive expedition experiences, such as hiking, snorkeling, scuba diving, and Zodiac cruising. Guests will have ample opportunities to get the most from explorations of spectacular destinations on exhilarating sea-level adventures, from cruising picturesque fjords and waterways to trekking scenic islands, and viewing and learning about birds, seals, whales, and other wildlife. In addition to complimentary excursions, the ship will also offer optional shore excursions and Seabourn Expeditions with kayaking and two custom-built submarines at select destinations. These experiences will provide close-up views of wildlife and natural scenery, as well as unforgettable intimacy with the underwater wonders of the ocean.
The ships’ knowledgeable, world-class 26-person Expedition Team of scientists, scholars and naturalists will operate and lead all of the Seabourn Expedition experiences. On Seabourn Venture’s first two voyages, the following expedition experiences are scheduled for in-depth exploration:
- Ålesund, Norway — via kayak and submarine
- Baile Mór, Iona, Scotland — via Zodiac landing and kayak
- Brønnøysund, Norway — via kayak
- Hugh Town, Isles of Scilly, UK — via kayak and submarine
- Isle of Runde, Norway — via Zodiac cruise, kayak, and submarine
- Mousa, Shetland Islands, Scotland — via Zodiac landing and kayak
- Rathlin Island, Northern Ireland — via Zodiac cruise and kayak
- Skarsvåg, Norway — via kayak, and submarine
- Staffa, Scotland — via Zodiac cruise, kayak, and submarine
- Svolvær (Lofoten), Norway — via Zodiac landing, kayak and submarine
- Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Scotland — via kayak, and submarine
- Trollfjord, Norway — via Zodiac cruise
And don’t forget when you book:
- Seabourn is offering solo traveler rates starting at only 50% above current fares on select voyages in select suite categories. Our base solo traveler rates are 175% for Ocean View, Veranda & Penthouse suites and 200% for Premium Suites.
- Combination Voyages offer you savings of up to 10% on their voyage.
- Flight Ease® offers a seamless and comfortable experience to begin and end your voyage
For more information about Seabourn Venture, please contact a travel advisor, call Seabourn