2024 World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons
Fuel your wanderlust and join a select group of like-minded explorers on Seabourn’s 2024 World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons, which is now open for booking with limited availability! Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime voyage around the world in unmatched elegance and ease on board Seabourn Sojourn.
Seabourn Sojourn will depart Los Angeles on January 11, 2024 and travel westbound in the highest luxury available at sea. The ship will visit Hawaii, the islands of the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, and a number of destinations in Asia, Arabia, Egypt and the Holy Land, before drawing the World Cruise to a close in Athens, Greece, on June 5, 2024. For guests who cannot sail on the entire 145-day voyage, shorter segments ranging from 22 to 89 days are also available.
Seabourn Sojourn will call at a combination of popular marquee ports, cosmopolitan cities and smaller hidden gems. The voyage will include 20 overnights and the ship will stay late into the evening in 21 ports, offering guests ample time to explore these fascinating destinations in depth. Among many notable highlights is the line’s visit to Egypt, which includes an overnight visit scheduled for Safaga (Luxor), as well as a stop at Sharm el-Sheikh.
There are three exclusive World Cruise events planned for guests booked on the full 145-day voyage, as well as local shows, regional cuisines, and palate-pleasing wines for all guests to enjoy as they sail around the globe. In addition, the World Cruise will include two of our most popular signature events available to all guests on a complimentary basis: an extravagant Caviar in the Surf® beach barbecue on the unspoiled, white-sand beach at Ko Kood, Thailand; and “Evening at Ephesus” at Kusadasi, Turkey, featuring a private classical concert in the ancient ruins under the stars.
A sampling of destination highlights includes:
- Sydney, The Great Barrier Reef and Queensland Coast — Try “sand-tobogganing” on the world’s tallest dune, and marvel at the blue-white beauty of the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands. Two days in Cairns highlight the ship’s exploration of Queensland’s coast with awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Great Barrier Reef and the primeval rain forests of Daintree National Park. Darwin in the Northern Territory provides two days of World War II history, jumping saltwater crocodiles and a glimpse of Aboriginal culture.
- Marvels of Japan, Korea and China — Discover the sun-swept islands of “Japan’s Caribbean” - Amami ringed with coral reefs and Okinawa’s ancient Shureimon Gate, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take in Kagoshima’s picturesque skyline, dominated by the snowcapped Sakurajima volcano, and contemplate Hiroshima’s poignant Memorial Peace Park. Overnight stays in bustling Busan, South Korea, and Nagasaki, Japan, provide a memorable crescendo to three full days in China’s luminous Yangtze River showplace ‑ Shanghai.
- Southeast Asian Treasures — Zhujiajian’s bridges preserve a medieval Chinese character now hidden in enclaves among Hong Kong’s towering skyscrapers. An overnight stay in Vietnam’s Halong Bay invites guests to absorb its eternal beauty at every hour. Seabourn Sojourn sails right up the Saigon River to the heart of fascinating Ho Chi Minh City. Ko Kood’s unspoiled, white sand beach is the ideal setting for the line’s extravagant Caviar in the Surf® beach barbecue, with complimentary watersports to make the day at the beach complete.
- Egypt, Petra and the Suez Canal — The two-day visit at Safaga provides guests ample opportunities to explore Luxor’s immense sculptural colonnades and avenues, tour the temples of Luxor and Karnak with its vast Hypostyle Hall of carved lotus columns, and much more. Later, from Aqaba, discover the long-lost Nabatean city of Petra carved into the walls of a natural canyon fortress.
- The Holy Land and Aegean Empires — Few places integrate antiquities with a modern, cosmopolitan outlook better than Israel. The two-day stay at Haifa is filled with UNESCO World Heritage landmarks of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Judea and Galilee, as well as the Bauhaus White City, colorful markets and seaside promenades of Tel Aviv. Complete your epic near round-the-globe voyage tracing the roots of European history from Minoan Bronze-age Crete to the marble streets of Ephesus and onward to the sophisticated symmetry of the Parthenon standing high atop modern Athens.
Seabourn is planning an array of optional shore excursions in more than 25 ports with designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites thanks to our unique official cruise partnership with UNESCO. The 2024 World Cruise will also feature a number of optional, mid-voyage overland excursions where guests will disembark at one port and rejoin the ship at another port, providing them with a more in-depth experience at certain destinations and sites such as the Luxor & the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, outback adventures in Australia, the magnificent Taj Mahal in India, UNESCO World Heritage sites in China and Cambodia, and more.
Exclusive Full World Cruise Amenities
All Full World Cruise Guests Receive:
- Gala Bon Voyage Dinner and Overnight Hotel Stay prior to departure in Los Angeles
- Three Exclusive World Cruise Events
- Special World Cruise Pillow Gifts
Book by May 31, 2023 and Receive:
- First Class Air to Los Angeles, Business Class Air from Athens
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet® luggage shipping service home and ship in Los Angeles & Athens (Piraeus)
- $4,000USD Shipboard Credit per suite ($2,000USD Shipboard Credit per person)
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Visa package*
- 50% Reduced Deposit
- 3% Early Bonus Savings (pay-in-full discount if paid in full by May 31, 2023)
For Guests Booked in Penthouse and Premium Suites:
- $6,000USD Shipboard Credit per Suite ($3,000USD Shipboard Credit per person)
Exclusively for Repeat World Cruise Guests:
- 5% Repeat World Cruise Discount when booking the full World Cruise
Don't miss the opportunity to be part of this this remarkable journey of discovery!
For more information our 2024 World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons, please contact a travel advisor, call Seabourn
*See full terms and conditions here.