Submersible Expedition Team Milestone
We are thrilled to share details abour our new submersibles. We hope these photographs and new video show just how exciting this new facet of adventure will be to your Seabourn expedition experience.
Both Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit will have two custom-built submersibles carried on board. Piloted by experienced and licensed Expedition Team submariners, these engineering marvels are capable of transporting guests beneath the surface, offering breathtaking views of everything from the surreal subsea realms beneath the Arctic and Antarctic waters to the plunging underwater cliffs in fjords.
Designed and equipped for exploration, these two six-person submersibles — available for an additional charge in select destinations — offer guests unique and unforgettable undersea experiences. The technologically advanced submersibles built by U-Boat Worx B.V. (The Netherlands) will have:
- Two transparent spheres with seating for three guests each
- Seating platforms that swivel 280 degrees for easy viewing on all sides
- Capable of diving to 300 m depth and moving at 3 knots, the sub is able to do multiple dives per day
- Powerful exterior lights to reveal full color range and highlight a fascinating underwater world
- HD videocam systems to record inside and outside action for later projection and souvenirs
- A six-function remote manipulator arm that can be used to grasp objects.
- Interiors luxuriously furnished with custom-embroidered upholstery, dual air conditioning systems, Bluetooth stereo sound and a Champagne cooler.
Learn more about our new submersibles and what life is like beneath the sea here.
For more information about Seabourn Expeditions, please contact a travel advisor, call Seabourn